Thursday 7 May 2015

Badminton Trot Up - Favourite Outfits

With Badminton Horse Trails Trot Up's happening as I write this, I thought I'd write a post that combines my love for horses as well as enjoying people's troy up fashion!

Photos are from Eventing Worldwide @Eventingwwnews and their AMAZINGLY minute by minute Twitter updates! And also the very talented photographer Nico Morgan 



My first outfit I really liked was Nicola Wilson - I love this coat and boot combo. The cream boots and the cream in the jacket really compliment each other and look fashionable, stylish but also practical for today's chilly, windy, sometimes wet weather.
Love it!



Paul Tapner - I do enjoy a dapper tailored suit and Tapner delivered. Special mention of the waistcoat to match his suit jacket and throwing in some colour with red chinos and bow tie!
Yas Taperz, Yas!


Charlotte Agnew - Is this a Badminton Trot up or the ultra stylish Coachella music festival? I wasn't sure for a second with Charlotte's cute floral headband to add some colour to her cute 'Little Navy Dress' and tights. Really nice outfit!



Lawrence Hunt - Business up top, casual on the bottom. But for me it works! Nice navy slightly faded jeans, combined with a smart suit top and tie. It's not flashy, but it's nice. Those brown boots are also really nice. Good work Hunt!



Photo by Nico Morgan

Mary King - This women was my idol when I was a child, all I wanted to be was an eventer like Mary King. As you can see that didn't pan out.. 
Although her outfit was nothing to write home about, it's cute. Pale pink works well with the bay Kings Temptress and compliments each other! And the necklace added some sparkle! 



Photo by Nico Morgan - Mary you look flawless!

Camilla Spears - Love this outfit, navy polkadot dress underneath a gorgeous long tweed jacket! Now that is tweed done right! Plus added points for cute black ankle boots! 



Photo by Nico Morgan - FLAWLESS! 

Ben Hobday - Now i'm gonna admit, I am bias.. only because I fancy Ben! It's like pony club all over again!
I tweeted a couple of weeks ago about what Ben would wear for the trot up and he didn't disappoint. 
Mr Mulry the V8 Super Cob is turned out beautifully and Ben's dark blue jeans contrasted with a light grey 2 piece suit of a waistcoat and jacket, with a gorgeous pocket handkerchief! Also those brown boot shoes, YAS!! 
Sun glasses on point!
10!! Favourite men's outfit of course! 

Image - e-Venting
Photo above from Ben Instagram

Also sorry but could Ben be anymore cool?

Photo by Badminton Horse Trials 

Georgie Spence - I spy with my little eye some gorgeous Fairfax & Favour boots! And I could be wrong but that looks like a Holland & Cooper tweed and fur cape! Keeping up with the best british rural fashion Georgie.. nice!




Laura Collette - I also spy another pair of Fairfax & Favour Boots! And another Holland & Cooper number, very nice ladies and great for supporting UK brands! Fairfax & Favor, they're a strong brand this year aren't they and well represented!




Photo by Badminton Horse Trials 

Aiofe Clarke - Love that navy rain jacket, white jeans and ankle boots. Can you tell I am a fan of ankle boots yet?



Janet Brakewell - I love this statement coat! I do, I love it! It's a gorgeous spring reddy coral colour, it goes SO well with the white jeans and tan long boots. A+



Photo by Nico Morgan

Mark Tood - Another gent experimenting with colourful chinos. Combined with a lovely brown tweed suit, this is spot on!




Bettina Hoy - Autumn shades for Bettina, but the fur lined cape cardigan, darker cream jeans and brown ankle boots. Simple, appropriate and practical. I like practical for trot up's!




Hannah Bate - I love this navy outfit. It's almost lead rein show style, the navy pencil jacket with thick tights to keep her warm in his chilly spring day. Finished off with a nice pattern scarf. Very neat! I like it




Ben Way - really likes this classic gents outfit. Dark blue jeans, blue oxford shirt and a tweed jacket. Red tie giving a hint of colour. I like this a lot


Photo by Nico Morgan - Ben is that your concentration face?

Niklas Bschorer - Love this navy suit, it's formal but also casual enough not to look too flashy. 




Bravo ladies and gentleman for making trot up's look flawless and keeping it stylish! 
Summary, white jeans were a strong choice for a lot of women. I really like that most dressed very appropriately for the somewhat chilly spring weather. Style not compromised for the cold wind! A+ girls!
For the gents, coloured jeans or chinos were a good choice to add a touch of colour and fun to a traditional outfit. I'm also loving the small little accents that make men's outfits like coloured bow ties, skinny ties, pocket handkerchiefs, and nice brown leather shoes. 

1 comment:

  1. Only just found this - thank you for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete