Tuesday 12 February 2019

Riding Club Arena Eventing at Keysoe

Sorry it's taken me such a long time to write a post! Last weekend Georgie and I went to Keysoe for the Riding Club Arena Eventing competition and all was well. Then Sunday I woke up feeling unwell, I (stupidly) still attended my RoR Club Night in Norfolk and turns out I felt super ill cause I had the flu! 
I then spent all of last week confined to my home with a fever, aches and pains and generally feeling like I was dying a little bit!

Anyway, I am now well enough to be back at work and writing! So... back to arena eventing!

Georgie and I started the day pretty early as the class was due to start at 9am but got moved back an hour for the temperatures to warm up to 10am but wanted to still leave in plenty of time not to have to rush. We were the first to arrive but parked out the way in order for Georgie to figure out where everything was while B and I wondered round for him to see everything and take it all in. He settles much better when he's had a good nose around! 

I stood minding B while he snacked on grass while Georgie when and walked the course. It turned out to be really quite twisty and turnie but the course was well up to height and looked like it would be an interesting course.
While Georgie walked the course she realised, much to her dismay, that she had forgotten her back protector and it wasn't like we were close to home! That'll teach me not to do a role call before we leave like I always do!
Luckily our wonderful friend Rachel had hers with her and being the same size as Georgie, luckily it fit! Phew, crisis averted.

It didn't take too long for Georgie to warm up and be ready in the collecting ring for her number to be called. I got in position with my camera and hoped I wouldn't be too rusty and I got some nice photos. 
B was on fine form and in a much better space than he was the weekend before for the show jumping, there was no tense atmosphere just a nice friendly fun vibe!
They made their way in to the ring and off they went. B flew over the show jumping fences which came first, they were by all means up to height but he had a big spring in his step! Wasn't long before a twist and they were at the cross country fences, again really nice jumps and well up to height (and turns out they're made by our brand ambassador company's son, small world hey!). 
B was absolutely flying, and it came to jumping the penultimate fence, a smart 90 degree turn back on yourself and over the 110cm joker show jump fence to finish. Really frustratingly B had it down; darn it!

It wasn't about the result though and Georgie and B finished really happy to have got round and that he had jumped out of his skin. We finished the day with a bacon roll while sitting in the trailer out of the cold! It really was very cold after having snow all week! 

I am really pleased with how my photos came out, it's always lovely to have the sun come out as the camera can pick up some really nice natural effects! 






Cross Country Colours by GGGear, Storm Chase Gloves, Rose Gold Spurs from Eclat Equestrian.

After a busy couple of weekends I am not quite sure what competitions Georgie has lined up for herself and I am on the hunt for my own horse so I am sure there won't be a dull moment!
Oh and we're very excited, Georgie and I, as we have been picked up continue to represent Smart Grooming as brand Ambassdor's for 2019 making that 4 years on the trot! We absolutely love Smart Grooming, so do click on the link to see what lovely products they do!

What have you all been up to?

Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment