Thursday 3 September 2015

Burghley Trot Up - My Favourite Outfits

So following the success of my Badminton Trot up blog post I did a while ago which had so many views I wanted to write another one for the Land Rover Burghley Horse Trials 
It's not often we get to see riders scrubbed up and looking their best so I quite like doing a post celebrating what outfits I like most.

Nicola Wilson - 

At Badminton I picked Nicolas outfit as my favourite and Burghley didn't disappoint. Yesterday had varying degrees of temperature and weather so I think for a cold wet day Nicola looked really good.
The brown jacket compliments the shoes, and the black skinny jeans are a staple to knit the outfit together. The colours are on trend for Autumn! And as with Badders, I love a pair of ankle boots!

Pippa Funnell -



I really like this outfit of Pippas. The cream trousers are a brave choice around horses at the best of times (we've all had beautiful immaculate jodhpurs covered in slobber or what not just before the big moment, am I right?) so for a trot up in front of the press is especially brave, but they go so well with that top! The colours are, like Nicolas outfit above, on trend for the season, and I love the pattern.
The boots are lovely, and with a good wedge heel are good for running in.
Very nice well done Pippa!

Ben Way - 


Ben was featured in my last post and not much about his outfit has changed, It's similar with a few small changes, but it's classic and I'm alright with classic. Those navy chinos compliment the green tweed and the shoes bring it all together.
He's also really cute so that helps! Cute, well dressed gentleman. A+

Lynn Symansky -




I think before I start I must admit that this outfit is my favourite of the day. It's bright and gorgeous and I love it. That yellow rain coat is divine. I mean, I couldn't pull it off but it compliments her hair colour and the horses colour! 
Much like Pippa a light colour trousers is brave with horses but they go so well with the jacket. Finished with sun glasses and a scarf accessories are great! 

Wills Newton -

Another striking jacket andcombined with the bright chestnut of her gorgeous horse Newmarket Vasco One, it is works.
Not too flashy with just black jeans and black shoe boots but practical. The detail at the back of the jacket is pretty and brings it a little bit extra.

Dee Hankey -


 I really like this outfit. Fedoras are my new favourite accessory this winter and works super well with this outfit. The black of the jacket and the hat, outshot by the jackets brighter statement sleeves works really well. Not sure on the shoes though.. 

Gina Ruck -


Photo very kindly provided by Nico Morgan. Thank you 

Gina's outfit is beautiful. I love the paisley smock top/dress and nipped in at the waist adds contouring, and the belt and long boots match. I love a good matching belt and boot combination. 
I also love it when an outfit compliments the horse too and these are a perfect pair! Runner up in my favourite outfit for sure

Charlotte Agnew -


Photo by Nico Morgan! Love it!

I love this photo by Nico Morgan it's so fun and cheeky. The detail on Charlottes top is really cute, and with simple plain jeans and tassel boots it's boho chic, much like her outfit at Badminton. Very nice Charlotte!

Honourable mention - Ben Hobday. It just isn't a trot up without swooning over Ben. I think I speak for everyone that we cannot wait to see you back well again, riding and looking more dashing than you do now. Get well soon Ben! 



I know this post is a little short but unfortunately I cannot be at Burghley, but horses aren't gonna ship themselves!
Please feel free to share your favourite Burghley trot up outfits with me via Twitter @sophiexjane or @gsshowing and I look forward to seeing second trot up outfits? Who will, shock horror, wear the same outfit again I wonder!






No comments:

Post a Comment