Sunday 8 November 2015

Little early Christmas present and Supercob fun!

Evening all, well I've had an eventful and rather muddy day today, but I couldn't be happier.
I know I've said it before but I am SO lucky to have friends at allow me to ride there horses, I'd be sat at home being lazy and grumpy if I didn't so I cannot thank them enough. 
I got to take the V8 super cob out again today and he was.. Fresh! Insisted on being with Sophie at the front of the pack and being as close to Monkey as possible that me and Sophie were clinging stirrup irons! 
I swear they're talk sweet nothings to each other through the stable walls at night when no-one is around!

The inseparable couple! 

As im sure anyone with Windows noticed, it rained a lot yesterday and was subsequently very muddy today.
So much so my jodphurs are currently soaking in vanish oxy action to get the mud stains out!
This photo does absolutely no justice!

But all the horses seemed to be on very good form for today's hound exercise and introduction to drag hunting day! 
Supercob decided that I am a spoil sport for not allow him to gallop full speed, and insisted on slower canter by putting a couple of small bucks in to show his disapproval!

He didn't stay this white for long 

But after a lovely jolly around the countryside the horses were flagging and it was slowly getting colder, we all headed home for a hot dog and tea!

I popped over to the lovely Somersby House tack shop across the road in Great Gidding to meet Katie, as I decided this week that my Christmas pressie was to be a navy wool hunt jacket and Somersby House had a great selection. I chose this gorgeous Shires one, 100 wool and absolutely gorgeous.



Even the bottoms have foxes faces engraved on them. 
They're currently on offer so go and get on now while it lasts!! 
This tack shop is my new favourite, only two weeks ago did I mention buying my new hat from there and now a new jacket. Treating myself!!

What do they say, all the gear no (idea)..horse! 

No comments:

Post a Comment