Monday 26 January 2015

BBC Northampton Inside Out Investigation on Horse and Road Safety

So last night this popped up on my news feed -



Following my post the other day, I'm extremely pleased that  prime time TV programme run by the BBC will be giving a lot more publicity on Horses and Road awareness!
Everything in the above poster is spot on. A lot of drivers don't like horses, others are just in so much of a rush that they don't care or whatever other reason.

I think the whole of the UK just needs to slow down and pay more attention and stop rushing. A friend summed it up to me not that long ago.
She said "Everyone is in such a rush all the time that they don't think anything will happen until it does and they've had an accident and hurt someone. And then they're all remorseful and sorry after being taken to court or charged with dangerous driving and only then does it hit them that they caused that accident and hurt someone or something and at the time they were so busy rushing that they didn't care"

I really believe what she said is true. We read about all these statements from people who've been charged in court and they're so sorry to the family and friends on the people they've hurt, but actually at the time they were driving they're getting cross and impatient in the car cause they're running late because they're disorganised, do something completely unsafe and bam..

Sadly i'm East Anglia based so won't be able to watch it but I'm hoping I can watch it on iplayer or something.
May do a post with my thoughts later if I do manage to watch it

Over and out

No comments:

Post a Comment