Thursday 22 January 2015

Introductions

Alright so it's January 2015, I haven't had a blog since I was about 22 or something so I figured rather than forever spamming my news feed on facebook with horsey related outings, i'd write about some of them here.
Who am I kidding, i'm totally going to continue to update facebook with lots of horsey photos, but I can so do what I want..

Anyway, as my little blurb about me writes, I am an amateur groom. I don't have my own horse right now as buying your first home by myself doesn't leave all that much money to invest in a horse. But i'm patient and I know i'll either get my own horse and a shared one soon enough, when the time is right..

I live in Newmarket, and basically every weekend i'm out doing some sort of outdoor activity. It's great and it stops me being a lazy so and so and laying in bed all weekend. I am notoriously sluggish as I just love sleep. But I mean who doesn't aye?!

Little intro for Georgie. Georgie aka G is my older sister by 2 years. Me and Georgie have ridden since we were little dots. I've been quite lucky really, Georgie used to get a pony with a quirk and then it would get handed down to me a couple of years later and presto, perfect (or near enough) pony! I lost interest in Horses from about 15 - 23 so we didn't do all that much together, but now we're very close, we do quite a lot of stuff together horse and non horse related and we're firm friends. Georgie works at a very well known equine hospital in Newmarket and leaving in the middle of nowhere down the road from me!

At our parents Georgie keeps both her horse and her daughters pony. I'll do them little introductions cause they're little people too.

First is Beanie, aka B or his official racing name of Historical Giant.



Beanie is by Coolmore's famous multiple Group 1 winning stallion Giants Causeway.
Beanie has shown to do rather well in showing as he is rather handsome (if I do say so myself), last year we really focused on seeing what Beanie could do in the ring. He'd proved himself successful when he won the TARRA classes at Great Gransden Show in 2013 and took overall TARRA Champion. Michael Gunn was judging and gave Georgie some really good feedback on him and encouraged us to take him to more events in 2014 as he was in his words 'A lovely horse'. So we did, and Georgie and Beanie has gone from strength to strength in the 2014 show season. They entered and were picked by ROR to compete at the Burghley SEIB Race Horse to Riding Horse HOYS qualifier. We've attended multiple shows and Georgie and B were always in the ribbons, and in August 2014 G and B qualified for Hickstead 2015 in the ROR Tattersalls Show Series at Wayland show. Lot's of late evenings and early mornings prepping but I do love grooming and I am competitive so seeing Georgie and helping her reach her goals is wonderful.
But Beanie is not a one trick pony..
He also has a very scopey jump and absolutely loves to do it. Whether it be cross country or show jumping!
So stay tuned for more Beanie related showing and other events posts in the future. There will be plenty..




Now on to G's other pony, little Millie! Millie is a Shetland cross, well at least we think she is. We don't really know. All I know is is that she is small enough to be a Shetland but looks a bit welshy at times. Maybe a little welsh in there? We don't know who her Mum or Dad is unless I can find a Sherlock, I don't really know!
We first got Millie to be a companion for Beanie back in 2013, but when Georgie had her first daughter Francesca it soon became clear early on that Frankie was very much a horsey girl.
Before Francesca started riding I took Millie to a couple of little amateur shows and she really does scrub up well! She even on her first outing qualified for Equifest!
But as Frankie has become better and better at riding and more confident myself and Georgie have decided that this year we're going to do some lead rein showing. Nothing too fancy but something for Frankie and I to do together.
So that's grooming and getting Beanie ready, as well as Millie!

So now you've met the horses and got a bit of background about me and Georgie feel free to follow our adventures on here!

No comments:

Post a Comment