Monday 1 October 2018

Girlie Trip to Burghley

Wowee what a weekend! The weather has shown summer hasn’t quite gone yet with some really sunny and warm weather, and how joyous it was to enjoy at Burghley Horse Trials!


Georgie and I decided we were going to have a ‘girlie weekend’ as Georgie’s husband was away with his motor biking friends and Frankie, Georgie’s eldest went to the coast with her Grandma and Granpie (Our Mum and Dad) so with just little Fenella to look after we decided mid-week that we would go to Burghley’s cross country day on Saturday. Despite being up at 6 am to let the horses out and me to look after Nel we still got stuck in queue’s and traffic!

Poor Georgie having to feed Fenella in the back of the car in traffic, sat in Frankie's car seat! Nightmare!

We got in at around 11.20 just in time to see Nicola Wilson on her first horse in the warm up arena, she looked so poised and ready to go!
We walked straight to the shopping area and had a look round, before Georgie had to sit down and feed Fenella but we found a nice place right near the HorseHealth.co.uk stand where they had a screen showing the live stream. I instantly realised that while shopping I needed to pace myself, I wanted to buy everything in sight! Sadly I do not have a massive budget and cannot buy everything I want!

After around an hour of shopping and watching horses me and Georgie decided we were hungry so stopped off at The Sizzling Squid fish and chip van where we got a delicious portion of Cod and chips and I of course got mushy peas! I must say the chips had their skin still on, weren’t greasy and the fish was lovely and moist and fluffy! Perfect

 Frickin' delicious! 

We then decided to walk further into the shopping village and managed to get a couple of gifts and treats for ourselves! I really enjoyed visiting the World Secrets stand as I’ve followed them on Facebook and always liked the design of their shoes. As well as stopping by Cove Knitwear and Butler Stewart too. It was awesome seeing the brands and companies in the flesh after following them on social media for so long! It was lovely to see you all!
We finally had another break and sat by the very busy Discover Valley and watched riders tackle the various combinations of very large brushes and boats! They seemed to jump quite well I thought.




Now by this time the sun was really shining and I was getting really rather warm so having seen lot’s of passer-by’s with yummy looking ice cream I asked someone where they got it and was informed it was from The Yogurt Shoppe who do frozen fruits mixed with a delicious frozen yogurt. Upon arriving at the stall it was apparent it was very popular with a large queue forming, but luckily we managed to get standing before it got really long! I chose Mango in a cup while Georgie opted for Tropical fruits in a cone. Not pictures cause frankly I couldn’t wait to eat it!
We mosied on down to the beautiful Lions bridge that we know we well, with the Drag Hunt taking us through it at the Burghley meet they host there, so it was awesome to see it with a fence in the water! I stood eating my frozen yogurt under the shade of the tree and managed to get these cracking photos of Tim Price!


Wanting to have a sit down and rest we headed up the bank to the jump and second water jump to watch people while sitting on the grass and was pleased to arrive just before Nicola Wilson came round on her second ride, and got this cracking shot of her flying over the wide brush! As well as a couple of others and then into the water!


It was getting late and very hot by now, so we decided to head to another shaded area with a jump that we knew well, and that was the leaf pit, which seemed to be throwing quite a few surprise run outs!
Again we found a place to sit and watch while Georgie fed Nel and I was super impressed to see this super little horse fly over the jump before the leaf pit, it really gave it some air!

 This is my favourite photo of the day!

We then followed this little break by checking out more shops on the way back to the car and I couldn’t resist a little visit toHiHo silver and purchased myself a plain chunky silver pink ring band, I love it!
Annoyingly we got stuck in traffic leaving again and had a very grumpy little 12 week old little girl who spent the majority of the drive home crying but that did not dampen our lovely day!

It looks like many of our friends and followers attended, we’d love to see your photos!!


Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment