Monday 1 October 2018

Wonderful Weekend Pt 2 - Showjumping Clinic

Me again and back for part two of why my weekend was so wonderful! That was because I hosted another show jumping lesson with the awesome Delphine Tay at the equally as excellent Palace House in Newmarket.
As followers of mine and local Newmarket residents may know, at Palace House they have the amazing Peter OSullevan arena for the Welfare of the Horse which is not only ginormous but has the most wonderful surface. And as Chantal and I are Retraining of Racehorse Coordinators for the Eastern Region once a month we get free use of the school. After my last two clinics with Delphine have been a roaring success I was looking forward to this clinic and seeing previous attendees and meeting newcomers I hadn't met yet.

If you read my last blog post from when I hosted a clinic in January it was cold, wet and rainy so seeing the forecast for Sunday as mild and sunny I was really quite looking forward to being outside all day long! Admittedly I was a little late getting to the lessons because of being so stiff from the day before and just could not move fast enough to get myself ready in time. Everyone and their horses seemed to be enjoying their lessons and really excelling themselves. It was wonderful to see such a marked improvement from when the horse and rider combinations started to when they finished their lessons. 
Delphine really has got a great knack for spotting even the smallest things and having people change something which then improves their riding or the horses jumping.
I cannot recommend her highly enough!

It was nice that Chantal also popped down to keep my company too! She bought her camera and caught some wonderful photos! Have a look below!

That's me done hosting clinics for a while, Chantal is hosting the lovely Louise Robson dressage clinics in March and April! We're also looking forward to the Justin Armstrong-Small clinic in April getting ready for the show season!

Personally I am really looking forward to March where Georgie and I have lot's of events we're planning on attending! 

For now im just quietly hoping for drier and warmer weather, i'm thoroughly fed up of rain and cold! I am going to continue swimming and gyming as much as I can! 

Sophie x

No comments:

Post a Comment